Sunday, August 09, 2020

Allergies, and time.

I have worn a watch... I think since first grade?  As long as I can  recall needing to know the time, at any rate.

However...

For whatever reason, I am now having reactions to the metal, or something, in watches. I have tried steel, alloys, painting the back with nail polish, anything that might keep me from the blisters and torn up skin that occurred.

No luck.

So I was grousing about this, and Husband mentioned Mom had given him Great Grandpa's pocket watch. Hmm. I wear jeans, so I have said pocket, so it's worth a try.

(And for any saying I can look at my phone, yes, I could, but I seem hardwired to look at a clock face, I will check the clock on the wall, even if I am READING ON THE PHONE!)

So when Mom heard I was using the pocket watch, she dug out a couple watch chains to go with it. I believe the one I chose was great Grandpas, as well.

So I now wear a necklace with a cougar claw, and this with a Bobcat claw, (I think).
No wonder people call me Cat!


3 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I think that is lovely that you are wearing your great grandfather’s pocket watch. A necklace is a very nice way to show it off.

Cat said...

Thanks! That would be nice, too, but this is in my watch pocket in my jeans, and I also have a claw necklace... :)

Cat

messymimi said...

What a wonderful story. Not the allergies, but wearing a pocket watch that has so much meaning for your family. Much better than looking at your phone.