Monday, November 09, 2020

The Monster! And other animals...





 I thought this had loaded on November 1... Sigh.  

So, this is the Monster Bush I was talking about.  The skeleton hands were holding a big candy bar.  I told the little guy, (a Red Power Ranger), that the big Monster had his treat.  He looked panic stricken, and ran behind Mom.

Oops.

After being led to the thing, he decided it was okay.  His Mom and I didn't talk long, she wasn't feeling well, and we were well over 6 feet apart, so, we mostly just greeted each other, and called it good.  I didn't expect any one else, just kept the lights off, and didn't decorate.
 
In animal news, the final count for this summer's hatch was 11.  The little guy with the mirror wasn't strong enough, and didn't make it.  The Tanker Trio are thriving, (now dubbed Larry, Moe, and Curly, and occasionally, I think I have spotted them a few IQ points with those names!).  

There is one I named Running Eagle. He has a gray head, and a dark body, hence the Eagle part. Running?  He tends to be picked on by the older birds a bit... One was chasing him, and he ran up and *over* three hens standing side by side, eating.  I had already named him, but someone suggested Evel Keneval... 

The rest were in one clutch, and tend to do everything lemming like.  If one runs over and eats, they all do. If one runs over to Mama Bird, they all do.  I have this image of six hens laying simultaneously. 

The chickens are set up for winter, and it was down to the twenties last night, I think they should be good for the duration. Hopefully not much colder, thanks much!!!

The cats are living up to their homes. Princess kitten (Ding) is huddled under blankets most of the time... In our heated house.  Or she parks on a heater vent.  She has been watching the returning birds through the window.  I am hoping she doesn't end up a snub nosed Himalayan!  I also hope she doesn't destroy the blinds. Ahem.

Buzz is Country kitty.  She likes being in my pod, an unheated office like space, but coming in the house is a no-go.  She is probably twice as big as she was this summer, and it's ALL hair!  She is always wandering around, looking for mice and such, when she's not hanging out with me...

I don't know if we will gentle it down any time soon, but Husband has been trying to befriend the wild one hanging out in the barn we've named Ringtail.  I rarely see it, which disappoints me, but it has a home, since it seems to get along with everyone else.

Hopefully, I can get some pictures up of them later.  Stay warm and safe, everyone!

6 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love to read about people’s animals. We spent some time this weekend setting up the houses for the cats so that they will have shelter and warmth this coming winter. Oh how I worry about them and all the other creatures that pass through our yard and woods.

messymimi said...

The candy is in the monster bush, that reminds me of the time Red-headed Alec was a zombie in a cage on the porch and the children had to grab the candy from the bowl near him. When it was very small children, he would cower in the back of the cage, pretending zombies are afraid of small children, but the bigger ones, he would lunge at and reach out to scare. It was funny.

Like all animals, yours each have their own ways. Ding sounds like me, always cold and looking to be a heat hog.

Retired Knitter said...

In my neck of the woods it has to get cold enough to "stay warm." I love winter but summer weather just lingers here.

Cat said...

Yes, I have 2 cats, outdoor ones, and I have been known to fret when it gets cold, or if I hear coyotes. Husband assures me they are smart enough to avoid them. I figure, anything can have a bit of bad luck. :( But they do NOT want to be indoors. So...
Cat

Cat said...

Alec sounds like one of our neighbors. He bought a huge (several hundred pound) pumpkin, cleaned it out, and hid in it. He tied the "lid" to his head, then would scare trick or treaters. Was terrific, however, he decided it wasn't as much fun, when he ended up with a backache from being in such an odd crouch for a few hours! :/

Yes, I don't know if she would, but I have been tempted to make her up a sweater. But she loves blankes...
Cat

Cat said...

Oh, we are lucky, we live where there are 4 seasons. I know family in Arizona, celebrate Christmas and it's sunny and 70+. Ooooooookay... What you get used to, I suppose.

Cat