Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Let it snow, man!


Sorry if this looks odd, Blogger and I are having creative differences, again...

I have multiple cups this blog, they were bought all at the same time.   I don't remember where Mom purchased them at, but she got them as a group.


 

Standard issue snowman.  It surprisingly doesn't tip easily, even though it's round bottomed.  However, the handle feels bumpy, and it's hard to find a comfortable place to hold it.  So if it's not too hot, I hold it by the neck... With the unfortunate side effect that it looks like I am choking him!

I think this is probably my favorite of the bunch.  I have this silly thought, as a Doctor Who fan, that this is the 4th Doctor, as a snowman...  Again, oddball handle, but not too bad.

 This poor little guy has a spot missing on the tip of his nose. (Carrot frostbite?) I need to find some orange enamel paint, and see if I can touch it up.  But it holds tea just fine, so... Meh. 


This one reminds me of a little kid's drawing. Which is fun, for Christmas.  The handle reminds me of holding a lizard tail, and is slick.  But all the bumps and edges keep it from slipping much.  All the same, I'd have preferred a smooth one. Again, Meh.

I haven't blogged for a few days. I have been trying DESPERATELY to finish the last of the blue couch covers.  I am down to the last few inches of the final one, and am trying not to get distracted.  (Pics when I finish.) 

It will look nice, and Husband does seem to like it quite well... But I have less than no desire to do ANYTHING ALL MONOCHROME again!  Even colors I adore get old when that's all you have. At least for me... 

It's been freezing here, and we can tell by the chickens how cold it is, because the colder it gets, the closer they huddle together for warmth. This morning, it must have been even more so, as they finished breakfast, then went back in the henhouse until a bit later.  Not the brightest animals, but they know from cold! 

3 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Your cup are delightful. I am sure a little paint on the chipped nose will bring him back to new. We have no chicks, but the ferals are all bundled up together outside on a chair. They would rather sit out in the sun than get in their warmer houses.

messymimi said...

They are fun to look at, even if they are not the easiest to drink from.

Good luck with the couch covers.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, you certainly have a lot of mugs! Fun collection.