Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Snowman rhinoplasty

 Haven't written, as I really haven't had a lot to say. Need to start putting up pictures, or something. 

Mom and Dad received their first vaccination, I was an "assistant", wheeling my Dad though the process.  He can walk a long way, but standing in line for more than a minute or two is near torture.  So, I am happy for that, and they are signed up for the second dose.  Yay!  I gather Husband and I wil be near summer when we are eligable.

And the title of today's blog?  Remember the cup I'd mentioned that had a chipped nose? No? Here's a picture.





Big ole chunk out of the front.  I had it sitting on the table for a while, and Husband asked why.  I told him I had been looking for my model paints, to see if I could repair the nose.  Been looking exactly where I thought I had put them.  Next time Husband came into the house, he had them in hand, from where I had ACTUALLY stored them.  No wonder I can't find things...

Anywho, I dug out some colors, toothpicks for mixing, and a little cap to do the mixing on, and away I went!  Took a bit to get the color right, surprisingly, there was yellow in the base color, not red, as I'd first thought.  But came up with a decent match, I think.




Ta-daaa!  The nose is dry, the paint matches pretty closely to the original, and if I hand wash it, it should stay that way for a while.

And, I finally took a picture, so I could put it away!  I don't like to rush these things!  Heh. 


1 comment:

messymimi said...

You did an excellent job!