Saturday, April 13, 2024

10 little, 9 little, 8 little thankfuls...

 Linky bits.

1. Re: yesterday's blog. I am thankful I didn't get hurt, and the cord didn't start a fire. 

2. I am thankful my Husband, Mom, and Dad are all part squirrel. Between the three of them, after they found out about the case of the Mutinous Mixer, (sorry, best I could come up with), Mom offered me one of the hand mixers she had stored from Grandma's stuff, and both the guys thought they had cords to replace the old one.  Husband did find a replacement in his cords. After a tiny bit of body and fender, my white hand mixer has a new-to-it brown cord! Works fine!! :)

3. I am thankful I have a good version of Don Quixote. It's hard to read, as the print is so small, but the translation is very easy to read, except needing to look up the occasional word. I do hope to finish it soon. I might even treat myself to watching the movie version, on YouTube later. 

4. I have been continuing my garden class, getting quite a bit out of it, and bonus, she is giving out seeds for us to plant. Oddly, cucumber wasn't doing so well, but all the others seem to be growing nicely. She recommended a garden seed company, and I now have seed winging its way to me! Hopefully a thankful for it growing, later! 

5. Husband and I were talking about making the garden: A. Deer resistant, and B. Larger. Well, after he switched a fence panel with a gate we never had used, because there's an opening about two spans down. He put the big gate on one side, a small gate, and then fenced off the rest.  I now have a much larger area. Some is just going to be a resting, park like area, but the other is for more veggies. 

6. I'm thankful for my husband faithfully watering and caring for some scrubby little plants I had put in the garden before I had my surgery. Turns out that that scrubby little plant is a lovely pink currant bush, that I can put in the new area. It will grow quite a bit, and hopefully will block the road view, and noise.

7. I'm thankful we can open the doors with the nicer, if chilly, weather, because when I burned the rice... It does NOT smell good!! But that's letting it dissipate.

8. Found out I can get typewriter ribbon for my Mom's typewriter. Husband has given it a bit of a clean, and so hopefully I can give it a test type pretty soon.

9. I went out with my parents to a movie. Husband was not able to go, so I was sort of disappointed that we would be going to dinner without him. We went to the restaurant, and out pops Husband. Turns out he needed a part in town, so he drove over to see if we were there, about the time we were driving in! We all had a nice dinner. Yay!!

10. I am SO thankful to get several items out of the house. I had a big pile of clothes, that is now a small pile that I kept. A huge bunch of books has been more than halved, and should be completely gone by next week, if I work it right. Getting piles out of the house is a WONDERFUL thankful! 



1 comment:

messymimi said...

All of these are wonderful thankfuls. It must be nice to have a handy husband, I'm the fixer-upper here and my talents are limited.