Sunday, April 14, 2024

Getting in shape, some...

 I am supposed to do my ankle exercises for... ??? The doctor never said, the PT never said, and I asked... More than once. He just said I should keep doing them. Okay... 

But. 

I am getting a bit tired of them, and I found out that while walking, running, and using Max to elliptical, I should also be doing strength training. Huh.

So I dug out my dumbbells, and found a very nice exercise video on YouTube. It has a lady that is a trainer, and she's training her 83 year old Mom. And, there is a very vocal orange kitty! So, I tried it. I feel like there are some muscles I forgot I had, but it loosened things up a bit. I think if I combine it with my ankle exercises, I can maybe build up some strength, upper and lower body. And there are other videos, too.

And I  can see if Ding notices the other kitty. 

; )

3 comments:

messymimi said...

I have to wonder about the necessity of all the PT every time anyone has any and every little thing go wrong. I broke my arm twice and ankle once as a kid, and there wasn't so much as a hint of any reason to have any kind of physical therapy.

I hope the exercise program works well for you.

Anonymous said...

In this case,it was so I wouldn't lose mobility/flexibility in my ankle, because it had been so messed up. But I really don't know if I want to do PT exercises forever... :/
Cat

messymimi said...

I get it. It may be, once you get back the use of it you can just keep it through normal daily living.