Thursday, May 02, 2024

Gardening, the start...


It was not raining, and I told Husband I was going to work on the "problem" bed. Basically, there's a fungus or some such that kills off the plants I put in there. 

The instructor gave me a way to hopefully kill off the crap, so I can use the bed again.

Thus:

I pulled out all the weeds, which seem to survive everything. It was much easier to weed when everything is soaked. Took a little while, because I am still not at 100% physically, but I'm improving.

The blob in front is all the weeds. The fringe in back is the next one I need to weed. They pretty much all are a disaster. I hope to change that, and get back to veggies, not weedy crap. 

This is called solarizeing, if I remember correctly. You cover the bed with plastic, and let it bake for several weeks. Pretty much does in the whole thing, so I can start over. 

As I told family, one down, 9 to go. Not counting the tubs for tomatoes.

And the flowers...

Oh, and the shade plants!

I think I will be busy... 





2 comments:

messymimi said...

Busy, and hopefully with a garden which will explode in a few months with more produce than you can give away.

Anonymous said...

🤞
Cat