Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Pen pals, and other missives.

Well, today is election day.  Which actually has nothing to do with anything, except I am at the sub early, and writing is my plan for most of the day.  I had to arrive an hour early, and will have someone come in an hour early to spell me...  7am to 8pm, we have decided is MUCH too long of a stretch.

Anywho.  I am writing my blog, of course.  Then I am going to write my Aunties.  I didn't get my Easter cards out to anyone, (Hi, messymimi... eep.) and, so I am going to do a "Yes, I am late, but I am thinking of you" notes.  It's hilarious, in a way, I sit and type my blog, and everyone is soooo serious when they come in, she is working so we must not disturb her with our requests. So I make a point of dropping typing when someone comes in.  When I am writing with pen and paper, more than a few ask if I am filling out forms.  

Didn't know why that came up, until I realized, I am usually writing with a clipboard.  Most places use those for forms, at least around here...  The funny thing, when I am doing some of the "actual" work for the sub, where I have a ream of paper, and am intently looking at the computer, most folk don't notice!  Odd...

(And Heaven help me if I am reading a book, or knitting. Which has been perfectly fine with everyone from Sheriff on down, as long as we aren't ignoring what we are 'supposed' to be doing with customers...)

I have two pen pals, and I just sent off letters to them.  One is a brand new pen pal, we accidentally met up on a knitting forum.  Think I told the story, but short version, we were dropped, unintentionally, from a pen pal list, and so we checked with each other, hey would you like to be MY pen pal?  Yep!  And off to the races... 

She is in New Jersey, so we have rather different experiences, and places, so have (hopefully) a lot to talk about.  I have written with my computer, just to make the letter easier to read, but I have a new printer.  It can print both sides of the paper, which is wonderful, saves paper and postage.

Except...

It prints the back page upside down.  I am going to have to figure out how to correct this problem...  Right now, I will just pull the paper out, and turn it so it's correct, but there has to be a way to do this without needing to mess with the paper...  So my pen pals will get a unique letter or two until I can get it sorted out, but hey, it's still a letter, right?


1 comment:

messymimi said...

You are writing to people, that's important. We need the connection in this day and time.

Yes, 7am to 8pm is way too long a stretch.