Tuesday, June 11, 2019

BRGLBRULGLEBRRRBU!!!!

Husband and I had to have a yearly see how things are doing blood draw, and we had to do it ASAP...  Our doctor is retiring, and so he needed the info to finish up things... 

(Asking him what he was going to do when he retired, he said, well, I am going to work in the Emergency Department part time, and then I will need to find a hobby.) 

??!?

So, we went in to the hospital and after clarifying SEVERAL times when my birthday was... For some reason the clerk had it about 3 months off... Repeatedly...  We had the bit 'o blood taken, and since it was fasting, we went and had a quick breakfast after at the Golden Arches Breakfast Club before I went to my job at the Substation. 

We were sitting quietly, noshing, when this horrendous noise came from the kitchen.  BRUGLGLERRRRR!!!  I saw all the folks in the kitchen area were looking to the back.  Husband made a comment that it must be one heck of a milkshake they were making!  I replied, I think they are mixing it, IN COW!

Several others were curious by this time, too.  When the gal came by to give us our meals, we commented on the noise.  She said a towel had been sucked up by the air intake to the fans. 

The meal was fine, but- well, the music had a lousy beat, and I doubt you could dance to it!! We survived, however.  Turns out, they had to get permission from someone to turn off the fan.  Finally, they did, and the noised blessedly stopped.  When we left, I saw a gal coming out with a screwdriver, I have a feeling she had the short straw to go up and get said towel. 

I can see the conversation, when said crew member goes home, "Hi, Hon, how was work today?" 

"Oh, fine, I had to crawl through a vent to get a towel out of a squirrel cage fan..."

"... Uh..."

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Sometimes you have to do some crazy stuff when you are working in a kitchen. When i was at the bakery, it was my job to sweep out the freezers, and you would be amazed what fell to the floor and rolled under the shelves.