Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Busted, as it were.

I had mentioned all the little Halloween  items that were multiplying around the desk?  And how I had moved them to the side?

Well, the gal who had been bringing them in said that she was disappointed that they weren't front and center, why didn't I like them.

I thought fast.  "I am a klutz, and I kept knocking them over."

She didn't seem convinced, but they are still to the side. 

I was thinking about Halloween. Is it just me, or has it gone from a kid-friendly, get candy and go play games, to rather... Over-the-top sexy costumes, that are much, much for adults?  And the parties, well, I gather there are parties at bars and such... But not just fun, it's like Matin' Place with costumes...

On the other hand, if you need ideas for costumes, (sexy or not), Google has come out with an interesting interactive.  They show the most searched for costumes, and how many people you might see with the same costume at a party...   I looked, and Oregon seems to be trending to witches, Fred Rogers, Butterflies... And Octoberfest wear.  Hmm.

Most of the ones I picked on the costume list seemed to be Meh, you might, you might not see them at a party.  I guess I could dig out my clothes from high school and sell them, it turns out, a hot, trendy costume is 80's wear.  Hot pink, scrunchies, and shoulder pads, anyone?

I am hoping to get the white pumpkins done up as eyeballs soon.  I am going to see if I can put a picture on the blog through my phone.  Don't hold your breath, but we'll see...

And, the scary season has begun, the voting bags are in the lobby!  😉



2 comments:

messymimi said...

Voting season is scary, and i stay home to hand out candy to the kids. As far as i am concerned, it's The Great Neighborhood Candy Exchange and nothing more.

Cat said...

I stay home, too, but there is this thing that most families here won't go to houses, they go to the school, load up, and go home... Sigh. And yes, I find I learn waaaaaaaay more than I want to know about folks at voting time... Eeep.

Cat