Thursday, July 16, 2020


Remember this blog?  I had said I was going to put up a photo of the finished product, when all the chaos generally, and specifically occurred. Well, the stars have aligned, and I present: Mardi Gras socks!

These silly things were quite a challenge to knit on the cuff, for me.  I think they are quite pretty, personally, however.  They click and rattle when I walk, I can't help but think of the nursery rhyme about "rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, so she shall have music wherever she goes."

Um.  Mine is more in the percussion section, that doesn't seem to rhyme as well.  But, as long as I don't have to sneak up on someone, they're fine. 

I will have to hand wash them, I shudder to think what a washer would do to them, even in a laundry pouch!

So, next blog, lava!

5 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What wonderful, fun socks. Wearing them can’t help put you in a great mood. Nice job!

Retired Knitter said...

Fun. The beads are very cute but the yarn is wonderful. Love the colors. Beads and yarn “play” well together.

messymimi said...

Beautiful! If you could knit more, i know people here would buy them to wear on Mardi Gras.

Cat said...

Well, they do when you know what you're doing. This was a ground up design, so between that, and my math skills being shakey, I am pleased they came out as well as they did!!!
Cat

Cat said...

Have to chat off-line about that, perhaps... :)

Cat