Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Guh. Whatta night.

Rather ragged this morning. In fact, I took a morning nap...

Just had reached a good solid sleep, and I heard bellows from the living room. I jolted, jumped from bed and launched to the living room.  

Where my phone was busily yelling about an Amber Alert. 

In Washington State. 

I was first panicked, then angry. I keep my phone on in case of emergency.  But, as of this morning, I disabled that alert. I see it on the news, I don't need midnight wakeup calls. 

Finally got to sleep, decided not to get up early. Husband had, and was out in the front room, as was Ding. 

Crash!!! 

I launched, again, bellowing like an orphan calf, yelling if he's okay. He's looking confused, yeah, don't know what it was. I looked at the clock, 4:47. Guess I am getting up, now... 

We walk into the kitchen, and two of my planters had taken it upon themselves to leap off the window ledge, into the sink. The only saving grace, they didn't dump much soil, just old leaves and plant bits. Still haven't figured out why, those suckers sat still during the earthquake we had a while ago...

I guess I am doing some replanting today... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Those nights where you get jolted out of a deep sleep always make for a sleepy next day. I disabled Amber Alerts, also, for that very reason, at 2am one day, as I figured I'd never be driving in another parish at that time anyway.