Friday, April 12, 2024

Okay, Universe...

Stop with the dang explosions! 

I was making dinner, and I was using the mixer. It was a gift from my parents when I started college, and was in an apartment. So it's been around a while... 

Cough... 

I had the items mixed, thankfully, and turned off the mixer. 

BOOM!!

 The noise was so close, it sounded like a gun shot. I nearly dropped the mixer on my foot! 

A flash, and a curl of smoke from underneath. I quickly unplugged the thing, and told Husband what happened. He looked it over, and it turned out, it was two wires on the  cord that had worn through the insulation, and touched. Much smaller version of what happened during the ice storm... 

Other than the cord, it didn't cause any damage to anything, including me. Threw a breaker, but that was quick to redo. Now I need to get a new cord of some ilk. Husband thinks he might have one, or possibly my Dad might, before I go buy one.

But I really wish the Universe would quit with the random cardiac stress tests. 

Very annoying...



1 comment:

messymimi said...

I'm just glad it didn't cause a fire!