Thursday, May 23, 2024

One more book... Cough...

 Well, because the stye was still bugging me, I read another ebook. I don't know if I had misread the title, or didn't pay attention. (The Tea Witch). I actually read the blurb, and it talked about a gal coming back to Oregon, after a break up, to be with her Auntie at her tea shop. 

Sigh.

It was another hybrid, fantasy/mystery.  It was better than the last... But the location could have been Portland, Boston, Albuquerque, or name your city here. It was a placeholder, not actually mentioned except one character "drove to Portland". 

There was a mind reading dog, a gal with telekinesis, tea reading, magic... You know, all the normal stuff that happens on an average Tuesday. 

So, I am going to count it as a book read, as I did finish it... But I am going to start pruning anymore of those kind of books. They just don't do much for me. 

It was an okay read, maybe a Good.  

My eye has improved enough that I probably can start reading a bit on my garden book, so I will probably switch between the two, as I have some NOT hybrid books in my collection. See what I can come up with... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Lots of the "cozy mystery" genre seem to have these paranormal storylines in them.