Saturday, June 01, 2024

Thankfully, I have 10 things.

Linky bits

1. I am almost ready to plant! Cleaning out weeds, putting down newspaper, fertilizer, and mulch, and now I hopefully will have a less problematic way to garden. Better for me, AND the plants.

2. The weather has been holding pretty well. We are supposed to get an "atmospheric river", then I will see if that causes any problems with the mulch , but I have had time to get the set up work finished. 

3. With all the digging and hoeing, and raking... My arms are getting stronger. :)

4. I planted some shade garden seeds on my porch boxes, and I am seeing teeny tiny sprouts, so I will have flowers and plants that actually LIKE where they are, rather than just a guess and toss some seed in. 

5. I have been having some good dreams lately. Some insomnia, but when I am sleeping, the dreams have been nice.

6. I remembered to get Ding some wheat grass. She loves it, and the water in the bowl, which we've dubbed Cat Grass Tea. Which she also likes!

7. Our local town is having a start of summer fair. While I don't participate much anymore, I have good memories of walking in the parade, going to the fair to play games, go on the rides, eat junky crap that was only around at fair time... And it seems like the fair brings a good energy to the town. 

8. My tie dye shirts. I love color, and I adore my vibrant flowing hues!

9. Finding out a new knitting cast on. It's nice to be able to learn new things. Not greatly out of my wheel house, but definitely new and different.

10. And I am thankful for my family for helping me with my garden, letting me borrow tools, purchasing plants they think I'd like, and muscle power. Makes a BIG difference!!! 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

All wonderful things, and I really like the "cat grass tea."