Tuesday, July 02, 2024

Back at it...

We had our test camp. 

It went pretty well! We did it for fun, but also to see if I needed to learn anything, (I did), and we had Ding with us, to see if she had any problems with it, (she didn't). After a total Hoovering of every surface she could get to, she settled in, and was pretty blase' about it. She had a penchant for walking over my head at night, which was very, VERY annoying, and decided she wanted bathroom breaks when I took one, which was just strange. She doesn't, as a rule in the house... Oh, well. It told us what we needed to know. 

I saw a mama deer and two fawns. I was amazed how close they came to us.  All bets were off when they SAW us, however.  We also saw a neighbor's cat. I didn't know the neighbor had a cat... We ate hot dogs and potato salad, slept in a little, read, and generally just vegged. 

It was pretty nice. The bed needs some help, but that's fairly easy to fix, I think. 

Not any time soon, but we decided it was a positive, and we will have to do camping again sometime. 

But, man, did I have a lot of laundry when I got "home".  Next time, I need to try and get all of that finished before I go! 

:-/


1 comment:

messymimi said...

Coming home to laundry isn't fun. Best to only have the laundry from the time away to tackle when you get back. I'm glad it worked out pretty well, though.