Friday, July 19, 2024

Feline Friday, and Another book read!

Feline Friday: The (cough) Invisible Cat...


****

 Okay, I'll say, this was a fast read only because I didn't do much BUT read today. It is called "The Graveyard Shift" by Guay. 

Honestly, it's a horror comedy. Like I said, if Stephen King and the 3 Stooges got together, I think it would be like this. 

A young man who lives with his parents, and has big debts, no money, no girlfriend, and no job... And likes Slushies. This leads him to go to a Dairy Mart to get one.  Whereupon he ends up getting a job there. But it's not just your average convenience store. 

His job, along with stocking, clerking, and clean up, is to keep the demons of Hell from coming out of the beer fridge portal, and destroying the earth. 

No biggie... Cough.

Various oddball characters, human and other, goofy situations solved in mostly accidental ways, and a general idea that he might do okay, if he doesn't manage to get into problems with the stuff meant to keep the demons in... Like pink frosted donuts with rainbow sprinkles.

It is different! Gave me a laugh, at any rate... 

Not to everyone's taste, but I liked it. Rated Very Good. 

So, the next e book is a Sci Fi read. I don't know if I will be quite so voracious... And I want to get out a real, paper book, as well... 

News as events warrant.

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Pink frosted donuts to keep demons away? You're right, it would be scary and entertaining and goofy at the same time, quite a feat for the author to pull off..

messymimi said...

And I forgot to say, thank you for linking up with Feline Friday!