Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Ow! I'll fix that!

 I have emergency hair bands in my car. I sometimes forget to bring some, or they snap. So I grabbed a set at a big box, and threw them in the jockey box. 

Planning ahead, now I have them. 

Then I used one. They are a bit more than rubber bands, and they TEAR MY HAIR OUT when I remove them!!!! Twice now, I have had to get the things off my pony tail, and end up with a chunk of hair ripped off of my head. 


So I decided to cover them. I crocheted over the bands with some scrap yards I have, so it would slide, not tear... It was fairly easy, and didn't take too long. Ta da!



Put one one, took it off without tearing out my hair. Yay! So my emergency hair bands are going back in the car, and I no longer need dread using one! 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Brilliant idea! I buy a rather expensive kind that don't rip, but they last a long time, called Blax. They come from Japan and each one lasts me a few weeks. Might be worth a try when you run out of these.