Saturday, August 17, 2024

It be 10.

Linky bits

1. I am thankful for quiet. Loud has its place, but it's nice when I can sit and hear the wind, crickets, frogs... Just things that can quickly be overshadowed. 

2. I am thankful for pillows. I gather that some consider lots of pillows to be gauche and out of date, but I tend to use them as comfort building blocks. Support the rear? Check. Little push on the back, check. Something to support my head when reading? Check. A few extras? Check. Never know if I need my feet elevated... Or, of course, an emergency pillow fort, if the occasion should arise. 

3. I am thankful for seasons. While I love fall the most, but I wouldn't have a garden without spring and summer. And I wouldn't have my apple trees without a winter to chill and start the seeds... 
Besides... I like hot chocolate! 

4. I am thankful for light bulbs. It's dark when I get up, and being able to get to the restroom without tripping over an exuberant kitty is a very good thing! 

5. I am thankful for reading. I know some aren't even allowed to read. I have started my reading habit again, at least according to my e-reader. It's a blessing, an adventure, a time to think... 

6. I am thankful for apples and pears. They are my favorite fruits, and I love all the different types!

7. I am thankful for leaves. Beautiful in and of themselves, but wonderful for shade, and as I have found out, they work mini miracles as mulch! 

8. I am thankful for eggs. While we have an overabundance of them part of the year, they make for easy meals, and if I let the hens have their way... Chicks! (No, I won't be letting them any time soon...) 

9. I am thankful for reuse of things. I try to make things have more than one "life".  I have used things like plastic soda glasses to start seeds, they often last more than one time. I have a couple metal soda cans that hold my knitting needles, and pens and pencils. I try to find a use, before I throw it away. Can't say it always works, but I figure it's a good thing to do.

10. I am thankful for soap. It keeps me clean, and helps me keep what I'm doing clean, which helps keep me and mine safe and healthy... 

And besides, bubbles are fun! 

5 comments:

messymimi said...

Bubbles are fun, pillow forts are fun, your post is a delight, all of it.

Retired Knitter said...

I totally love this list. Gratitude is so important.

Kristi said...

I love the calm, cozy nature of your list!

clark said...

"...an emergency pillow fort, if the occasion should arise."
totally!

Lisa Tomey said...

I love pillows and have to have them in order to read comfortably on my couch.