Thursday, August 22, 2024

Reading.

 I haven't blogged about it, but I have been reading, every day. I decided to re-read a series that I read... More than 10 years ago. A fun fantasy series, and I gather a new book will be coming out sometime soon. Sadly, it will be the last in the series, said the author, but it's been long enough since I read the books, a lot is almost like reading a new book! 

This is on my Kindle app. This leads to some amusement on my part. The app keeps telling how well I am doing, how many days I've read during the month... Things like that. Gives me virtual bookmarks for accomplished reading, gameifing. I find it sort of silly, but whatever. 

The other thing is letting me know about other authors I have read, did I know there's a new book out by them? And similar books to that author are... 

That is marginally more useful, to me anyway. 

Either way, I am reading! Back to better habits!! 

Well, one habit, anyway...   :)

3 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

My reading is habitually tied to specific times: eating, waiting in doctor’s offices and before bed. And I love my Kindle. I tried to read an actual book and found it too heavy. LOL

Retired Knitter said...

My reading is habitually tied to eating, waiting in doctor’s offices and before bed.

messymimi said...

I just keep hoping to find more time to read. Work takes up too much of my life!