Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The latest flight of fancy.

 It's actually been a bit coming. I wanted to make a rug for my little 50's vintage trailer. I had saved up colors of yarn that matched the interior, but couldn't figure out what I wanted to make with it. After several fits, starts, and stops, I was playing with my Lucet. It makes a cord. 

Hmm.

I could braid those and make a thicker cord... 

I started thinking about my Great Grandma. She made rag rugs. In fact, I gather she collected wool clothes for the strips, to the point that family got nervous about her when she started, because I gather she would ALWAYS be on the hunt for wool fabric, clothes, wool whatever... 

So I did up braids, and started sewing up the result. It seems to be working.


The color isn't even close, it's a lovely burgundy, with blond, light orange, green, and blue specks. Anyway, that is the start. I might sew it, then go back around, but I am not sure about that. 

But it looks promising! 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

I'm sure it will fit the decor beautifully.