Thursday, September 19, 2024

Just In: Actually taking care of me!

The words were getting harder to read, I was squinting a lot more, and things were just not as sharp as I thought they should be. 

I thought about going in and getting my eyes checked, but got busy and begged off. Until it was getting annoying to read (!), and I looked like a shying horse to find the right spot to see something through my glasses, in fact, I was taking them off a LOT more often... 

So, I finally made an appointment, and went in today. Very efficient doc, and I was able to see the insides of my eyes. That was cool. 

Turns out, one eye hadn't changed all that much. The other had gone badly south, comparatively... Physically, it's fine, it just isn't doing the focusing thing as well as it should. And I have floaters in my eye. 

That was odd to look at. His picture of that eye made it look like one of NASA's pictures of a distant galaxy. Which is not great, exactly. But as it is not bothering me much, he wasn't too worried about it. I guess I have more floaters than he expected... Sigh. 

So, he gave me the, "one, or two? Three or four?" test, then showed me the difference between my glasses now, and the ones I will be getting...

Wow, it was night and noontime! He asked if I read or did close up work a lot. 

Who, me? 

;)

So, soon I will have "super" vision again! 

Yaaaay!!!!! 

And another gent there fixed a problem with my old ones so they are more comfortable.

Double yaaaay!!!!

Good day, that is.

No comments: