Saturday, October 05, 2024

For things I think thankfully...

 Linky bits

1. It rained like crazy for a while. We need the rain. 

2. However, I am thankful I was able to get several outside chores finished BEFORE the rain started (barely)... Whew!

3. Husband commented that we have "the Disney channel" out our window. 4 squirrels, several deer, a few turkeys, young crows... Lots of interactions, and much visual interest for us. And Ding. 

Especially Ding...

4. I have been exploring the area around where I live with my trike. I am getting better with my balance, but I am happy to have 3 wheels, not 2.

5. I have several Christmas gifts partially made up already. It became so beastly hot, I quit working on them. Cool weather means I can start (and have) again!

6. One neighbor has the cows back in the field across from us. The other one is stabling several horses. It's good to see them out and active... Especially the young stallions. 

7. I have GOBS of tomatoes this year. I am amazed how well they did! And so, I have been making "soup mix". Get several different types of tomatoes, blanch, cut up, and freeze in a container.  I can use them for soups, spaghetti sauce, or whatever. 

8. I have been chatting with a neighbor, and we found we have some similar interests. We're  planning a day trip to a farmer's market soon!

9. And I am also thankful, Husband has gotten phone calls and chats with family and friends the last few days. Nice for him to have folks to chat with.

10. I am thankful about how well my new glasses are doing. It took the gent quite a bit of twisting and wiggling the frames, but they don't dig like my others did, and, of course, I can see better! 

So, another 10 for the books, have a great week! Take care!! 

No comments: