Monday, May 05, 2008

Movin', movin', movin...

Keep those plants a movin',
dig 'em up, put 'em in, set 'em down, wet 'em good,
RAAAAAAAWHIIIIIDE!

(Yes, maybe I have been out in the sun too long...) So, now that you have that song stuck in your head, here's what I have been up to this last couple sunny days.


If you look a the garden, you see the pretty red tulips? You COULD NOT see them when I started, there was just so much grass and weed stuff in there. I hadn't done a thing with it, and it showed. Husband never said a word, but we are getting more people coming by for various reasons, and I think he likes the thought of it looking like a garden, not a mini hay field.

These are some flowers that were in our grass when Husband was all set to mow. I told him to hold off, and transplanted about a dozen. He mowed, and I think there are a dozen more out there! I will move them eventually, but the ground out front is hard, HARD digging, so I am sort of slow on the digging up of the front, so far. Mom thinks they are Blue Bells, I haven't checked yet, but I think I agree.

I have been getting plants that I know will grow here, either they already ARE growing, or I have grown them before. I am a "Darwinian Gardener", if I can grow it, it's welcome. If not, Pbbbt. I also grow things without knowing what the name is quite often, so I take pictures, and then bug people that know, like Extension Agents... Nursery People... Mom....



This is what I have been working on a LOT. It's (I believe) an herb called Lemon Balm. It is all over the place here, so I have been working on putting it in the garden, so that I can enjoy the smell. It's like you have been sprayed with Lemon Pledge when you carry this stuff around.

(Which, I might add, after a day of sweating and working, is NOT a bad thing...)

No comments: