Saturday, August 30, 2008

Write something! >:P

There is a website I enjoy, "I can has cheezburger". ( http://icanhascheezburger.com/ ) However, it is beginning to bug me. Why? Because of the side of the website.

The site shows pictures of cats with funny captions super-imposed. I have dial up. I am impatient. This is where it becomes annoying.

The side of the website? It gives instructions on how to make one of the "LOLcat" pictures. To wit:

(1) Pick a picture - upload any picture, or use our images.
(2) Add a caption - Write something funny. You can even make one just for your friends.
(3) Save it or submit it.

Straight forward directions on making a captioned photo, right?

However...

When I call up the website, it takes about, oh, thirty seconds or so to load, because of dial up. I then try to scroll down the page, not waiting for it to completely load, as I am impatient.

This is where it bugs me. The directions then go:

(1) Pick a picture, etc...
Write something
Write something
Write something
Write something
Write something
Write something
Write something
Write something
Write something
Aaaaand so on, ad infinitum. I suppose it wouldn't bug me so much, except that I want to write something, but don't know what, or how much yet.

I have a character I am working on in my head. I know a bit about him, but unlike Zeus' daughter, he hasn't sprung forth fully formed. And now he's hanging around with another character! So now I have TWO squatters in my subconcious. So I took a composition book I had laying around, and started putting details about them in it. To what end, I don't know.

And I write this entry. Now maybe that "Write something" over and over won't bug me so much... for a while.

At least until the squatters in my mind start acting up again...

No comments: