Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Urgh...

I woke today, and I thought perhaps I had overdone it.  Sore, sore sore.  Well, that might be part of it, but it's also foggy again.  I swear, that stupid fog can make all warmth disappear.  (I have these images of Dementors wandering about, from the Harry Potter novels...)  I wasn't doing so hot today, to put it mildly.  I try not to get down, but man, days like today make my soul feel cold.  Then I remembered it was scale day. 

Wish I hadn't.

Up 1 pound.

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow.  I watched an episode of Dr. Oz, and it was mentioned that if you exercise a lot, (and I don't know if what I did was a LOT, but it was exertion of a kind I am not used to), that your weight could go up as much as 2 pounds.  Then right back down again.  So I want to see if this is just a fluke, as I can't work out why I should have gone UP.  I made good choices, the only thing bad was one terrible meal, and I haven't walked as much as I should, but I have been trying to make up for that by not snacking 'n such. 

So. 

I don't know if I am deluding myself, but I want to check.  (I have also been having, um... plumbing problems, so that can't have helped. I know, TMI...)  I am hoping to have this taken care of, and maybe, just maybe, better things on the next scale day.  I guess the one good thing about my doing my scale day on Wednesday is that I have to get out and do 'stuff', get up, do volunteer work, etc., so I can't throw a day long snarling pity party. 

Which I have a feeling helps Husband, too.

Oh, and the exercise machine DID work for me.  It's just about all I can handle, weight wise, on the lowest setting, but I was able to do arm and leg exercises for about a 1/2 hour before I had to say enough.  It is geared to a much stronger person than I am, I think, the lowest weight is about 20 pounds, I am guessing.  For leg lifts, that's about right.  For my arms, it was using muscles that are rather unused, in the shoulder and back of the upper arm.  Yipes, 20 pounds turns out to be a lot!  But it is so funny, I can lift a 50 pound bag of dog food, not a problem, but I am using different muscles.  I also tend to lift, not pull, so that might have something to do with it, too.   But Husband is working on it regularly, and walking, and we are both working on improving our diets.  I am hoping that the 'pulling on the same end of the rope' on this shows improvement soon.  Of course, I have to keep in mind, that by some practical joke of the universe, Husband can eat and not gain weight as quickly, conversely, he excersizes, and loses weight much faster than I can. 

Darn ectomorph, anyway...

I hope to have some funnies that I have been thinking about on here soon.  I will have to see if I can convince Husband to do something else for a bit, so I can use the scanner.  Wish me luck.  My cartoons have to be hand drawn and scanned in, I don't know how to draw with the computer itself.

We shall see if the foray into cartooning works... 

(Note: Ok, I think the universe has decided to play funzies with me, I have arrived with all of my knitting materials... Except my needles.  I am doomed.  Doomed.  DOOMED!  At least until I get home.)

No comments: