Monday, December 03, 2018

Cup #2

Well, it's about 3 in the morning.  I tried all day yesterday, and our internet was just about totally unusable.  So, since I got up for... early morning potty break, thought I would see if it works NOW.  Gee, when everyone else has gone to bed, and aren't streaming everything, it works pretty good!

Sorry about the glare, This cup was not great to photograph...

This is the the first cup that I couldn’t put up.  Better late than never, I guess…

A large cup, I think it holds about 16 oz., or so...

Today’s cup is my most recent.  Mom picked it up, I think, at a thrift store.  I thought it was the same as some other snowmen cups I have, but it’s not.  It is similar.  Sort of a cousin to the others.  Husband says it is an “honest snowman” because it has such a short nose!

Quiet day today.  I made cookies.  Husband had noticed a big bag of chocolate chips, (I am getting ready to make Christmas gifts), and he hopefully asked if that was going to be cookies.  Er, no, it was going to be fudge, do you want chocolate chip cookies?

YES, PLEASE!

Well, I made much and many cookies.  Some will probably be gifted, but most will be kept for Husband’s noshing…  

I made our rooster, Mon Ami, happy, too.  He is the only one we allow to roam out from the chicken yard.  He doesn’t make a mess, stays off the concrete, and off the porch railings.  He just wants to get away from Mulan Rouge…  So, I had made some terrible corn bread. (Note: if you forget an ingredient, don’t try to mix it in while it’s in the pan, just… Don’t.)  It was edible.  Barely.  So Mon Ami was outside, and I walked out with the remaining dreck bread, and he came running!  I crumbled it up, and he ate, and ate, until I thought for sure he’d get sick.  I haven’t Googled “do chickens barf”, but I was beginning to wonder if I would find out graphically.  But, he finished it up, flapped his wings a bit, then strolled off under our Sequoia tree, and took a nap.  

I think he has his priorities straight…

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Pretty cups, happy chicken, and the internet worked -- sounds like success to me. How i wish you could get a different and better internet system.