Saturday, January 11, 2020

Surprise...

One of the deputies and I get along quite well.  I enjoy talking with him, and he is closer to my age, so the "Yes, Ma'am" stuff doesn't happen.  Which is nice. 

Ma'am.  Yick. 

Anyway.  I knew he was one of the longer serving deputies in this office, which is why it shouldn't have surprised me, but it did.

I saw a notice that he'd retired as of the end of the year.  This was the same deputy that gave me all the cool goodies.  I was much dumbfounded, usually I hear that Dep. Whatsit, or Det. Suchnwho will be leaving, sometimes they even have retirement potlucks or some such. 

Nope, just left.  I checked his cubby, sure enough, all his personal stuff was gone, it was just a blank wall and a computer.

Odd.  Maybe he didn't want the party, or just didn't have time.  That has happened, too, when they have to get so much finished at the end of things, they are just spending all sorts of time just writing up things and preparing to leave. 

Either way, bummer.  I would have liked to wish him Happy Retirement.  I do know he lives fairly near me, so perhaps I will see him doing retirement 'stuff' later, and can say hi.

That's one of the funny things about working here.  I have seen lots of the ones that are here, be NOT here after a while.  Some go to the main office in different capacities, like Detective or some such, some retire, some go to different parts of the county to work. 

Life goes on.  Just sometimes interesting when it does! 


2 comments:

messymimi said...

Best wishes to him, i hope you do get to see him and tell him how happy you are for him soon.

Cat said...

Yes, if I recall, I believe he lives nearby, so I might see him around...

Cat