Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Ah, HA! Now, plan B.

I have, amazingly, managed to keep up with my goals, for the most part.  I am getting a smidgen lax on the journal, but not enough to worry about.  Let's just say, I am not having a large amount of things, so remembering isn't a big problem to catch up...

Anywho.  I have been working on the Max thingy, and I was finding I was wiped, and hurting a lot of the time.  Huh?  That doesn't make sense.  I have exercised, and haven't had this problem before.  And the exercise is for a limited time, each day...

So, I started looking up information about what I was doing.

I either missed, or mis-read it in the owner's manual.  I am OVER-doing it.  I should be alternating between the machine, and "resistance" exercise.  I had to look resistance exercise up.  Resistance, basically like, push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, etc.  As my Husband said, the stuff you were doing BEFORE you got the machine. 

Huh.

So, I have to make a slight change in my daily plan.  I did the machine today, and I am supposed to ease off for 24 hours, to let my legs recover.  So, tomorrow, I do non-machine "stuff".  That still sounds odd to me, but hey, if I work on other stuff, I get more benefits, right?

So, I will now have to mark down that, too.  ★ is the mark in my journal that I did the machine...

★R for resistance?  Or ★:)  because I hopefully won't be hurting? 

Let's see, Overthinking 101...

Whatever, I am doing fairly well, and if I don't manage to overdo some other way, I should be back on track!  Yaaaay!



3 comments:

messymimi said...

Glad you figured it out, and yes, your muscles build during recovery, not during the exercise itself, so the recovery time is very important.

Retired Knitter said...

Actually I did know about letting your muscles rest for about 48 hours before stressing them again. Glad you picked up on that, otherwise you could hurt yourself.

Cat said...

Yes, to all. I guess I learned a lesson, and I sincerely hope not to mess myself up, trying to make myself HEALTHY, for goodness sake! Sheesh.

Cat