Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Hiding continues...

We have been okay here.  Mom and Dad are in the bullseye for problems, so we have been shopping for them.  Mom joked that we had them under "house arrest", so I brought them a loaf of fresh baked bread and two bottles of water. They got a kick out of it.

Lost my three oldest chickens, within a few days of each other, so the chicken slide was removed.  Knock wood, the rest seem to be fine. Getting eggs regularly now!

We are well away from major traffic, but live near a horse training facility.  Right now, if we have much more than the mail person, the farrier, and a few neighbors drive by, it's noticable.  Our area is pretty quiet, but it's almost silent here sometimes...  Except for the birds.  It's spring and we have Martins building nests in our birdhouses, the hummingbirds are enjoying the feeders we set out.  I've seen a few other birds as well, so I'll have to get out my bird book, and figure out what birds are saying hello!  Oh, and the Canada geese are returning, a neighbor has a large pond and we are seeing (and hearing) them by the hundreds! 

I have tried to text and keep in contact with people as I get a mind to, digging out emails, addresses for letters, what have you.  Others are contacting me regularly, some I have contacted, and some, Meh.  It all comes out in the wash, I guess.

I tried to sew a mask. And screwed it up.  On a trip to Mom's house, dropped it off and she fixed it up beautifully.  And told me it was one of the most complex patterns of all I had managed to get.  So, I don't think I will be a major mask maker, at least until I can find a stupid simple pattern. For the time I need them, Husband can use that mask,  and I worked out a non-sewn mask I will wear. 

Started some tomatoes, and have the Cole crops out, see what decides to grow.

Hope all of you in blog land are doing well, and STAY that way.  Sorry that I am not blogging more, but I am sleeping better, so I am missing the short window that our internet works!

Happiness and health to all my blog friends!

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Much joy and health to you and yours, and i figured you can't post much because your internet connection, slow at the best of times, is overwhelmed by the number of people on it at this time.

There's a link to a very good tutorial on this page, and the mask the lady makes is from a hepa vacuum bag, way better than most and it looks simple to me (but of course i can't sew, so it might not be that easy).

https://mikeshouts.com/doctor-explains-how-to-make-the-safest-face-mask/