Tuesday, April 28, 2020

The latest...

Things are going pretty well here. The internet still is useless after the early morning, but I happened to be up early, so took advantage.  I keep wondering about the children who are taking classes online here, if it's this bad, how are they able to get the info?

I have been cleaning my craft room a bit.  I have found some floor again!  I am working with the stay or go method. Have I used it in the last year or two, and do I care enough about it to keep it?  That has opened up a fair amount of cleaning for things I had been holding on to for the "someday" time.  I have reached "someday", and for various reasons, I have decided things like wads of faire costume patterns... are not doing a bit of good under my craft table.  I called a friend, and she and her husband make costumes, so they will have a new, hopefully more useful home.

I have lots of baby yarn I am going to cull.  I still do a few small projects, but found I was not enjoying making blankets, maybe because of size, the colors, (pastel is NOT my thing), or just the 'on to something else' syndrome... But I am going to donate it to another friend later that makes baby blankets, so it won't go to waste.

That has been part of my cleaning, if it's useable, I try to find a home for it.  Some of the items will have to go to a thrift store later, but I think I can find people for a bit of it, anyway.

Then, of course, there is just trash. Used up worn out, or unusable, I've filled a trash bag, and pretty sure I will fill more.

When I am not cleaning, I have been knitting. Made three Teddy Beats for the "Bear Hunt" game, sadly, haven't seen a kid since I put them up. Sigh.

Finished a pair of socks, and focusing on getting a few of my "start-itis" projects finished.  If I get the majority of those down, I will have more double pointed needles... Well, a porcupine would be in love!

One of the chickens decided to set, but it didn't take, she was off the nest in about a week. One of the others seems to be getting broody, so if she does set, I will see if I can get some eggs for her. Only problem, she is one of the most grouchy, biting-est hens when she sets. Not fun.  But she is an excellent Mama, so that makes up for it.

More news, as I get up early and write something!

Take care and be well, friends!!!


2 comments:

messymimi said...

Thanks for the update, good luck with the projects and to the prospective mama hen, and stay safe!

Retired Knitter said...

I, too, have been thinking of culling my crafts - most knitting yarn. If I have had a yarn for 10 years or so and not used it - chances are it won't ever get used up. I value the space more than the object. Guess it is part of being forced to focus on home things by our stay at home order.