Saturday, August 15, 2020

Soft and fluffy!!!

Just because it's a habit we developed, I do the morning feeding and watering of the animals and garden. Husband will close and lock up in the evening.  This seems to work well, and I don't have to lay in bed, panicked that I forgot to lock something, or the chicken house is open... Sigh. 

Husband had gone out on his evening rounds, and wanted to see the two chicks with Edgar.  Didn't see them in the open cage area I had set up.  Then he looked at the roost...
The babies are obviously big enough to follow Mom!  The other one must have been a bit chilly, it was under a wing, says Husband.

Will have to get some pictures of the Tanker Trio, they are growing a little faster, but are going to have a little catch up on the real world later, I just turned off their heat lamp today, (it's supposed to be 102*), and they screeched and ran around for quite a while!  Then they finally realized...

Nothing happened.

Chick letdown? 

2 comments:

messymimi said...

Chickens are amazing, and funny. Like us, i guess.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I also rather going to bed first as I don’t want to be responsible for closing up.