Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Spring-ish cleaning.

 I have been going through, room by room, cleaning house. The kitchen, 99% of the living room (if you ignore where I sit and craft, 100%), the bathrooms, and bedroom. All cleaned, and except for the ever returning cob webs, they look pretty good. 

I now have to go after the big monsters of the house... Preferably without making the already clean rooms a disaster again.  I decided that taking things OUT of the house will help. So today I worked on the big closet. I cleared out several items of clothing, Husband even threw in a few. They went to a charity store in town. It is barely noticeable, but there IS a clear spot on the shelf.  

I have several shirts I need to sort through. I have a system that works for me.

Good, clean clothes, they will go in the closet, I guess you'd call them "dress" clothes or "work" clothes.

Clothes that have tiny tears, worn spots, unraveled areas, small but noticeable stains, but are still wearable become "grunge stuff" clothes. I wouldn't go to town in them, but cleaning the toilet, or the chicken house? Painting ? Yep.

The ones that are just a mess, big tears, dirty stains, that's when they get made into rags, or stuffing for a few things. Mostly rags, though. 

I have to wash quite a few things, since it was on the shelf, and get out my present "grunge" stuff, then figure out what needs to be demoted to rags. Believe me, I have several that should go. They are useful. Husband uses several in the shop. I use them for dusting, and wiping up messes.  

I have a huge pile of books to go, have to work out how to hijack Husband  ask Husband nicely if he would help pack them at least into the car. The place I will donate has a cart to bring them in the building. 

I am going to concentrate on the clothes and the closet for a bit. I am ignoring the craft room, sadly, I just don't know what I want to do to clean it.

But, I can look happily at the rooms that ARE clean. Gives me hope, at any rate.

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Room by room, bit by bit, it gets better. When you do decide to do the craft room, take it slow. Stuff like that, if you go to fast, you get decision fatigue and make choices you regret, or make none.