Wednesday, May 08, 2024

Today was the day!

 I got up, no rain. Finished my things indoors, then went out to feed. Yep, looks pretty good out here. So, I will be weeding!

I managed one raised bed, and one full garbage bag of weeds. I also ended up mopping part of the floor in the kitchen. Thought I'd gotten all the mud from the mole hills all over, off of my shoes. Missed a blob on the back of my shoe. Fortunately, we have a habit of taking off shoes when we get in the house, so it was just to the shoe rack. Annoying, but not a disaster. And, I was using my gloves. Oh, the gloves... 

I have used these for some time. Last time I was in the garden, I made a mess of them. So, like I normally do, I tossed them in the wash, and dryer. 

Then couldn't find them. Turns out, they have broken down enough, they stuck to the drum of the dryer! Husband ended up getting them cleaned off the drum, so I could use them... And the dryer. 

Then he was out cleaning up one of the storage boxes he has, and found some new gloves like I've been using, but new. Or newer, anyway. He was happy to give them to me, so I could continue cleaning out the weeds.

He did ask me not to put them in the dryer though. 

Cough... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

It's hard to remember to sort between washer and dryer and not put the wrong stuff in there.