Wednesday, May 28, 2008

20th Anniversary.

Well, on this day, 20 years ago, I almost died. Hit head on, by a guy who was full of road rage, wanted to go fight with his wife again, I suppose. Thank all that is holy, he'd dropped his little girl off in Day Care before the accident, or there would be 2 dead on his side. Thank all that is holy, I wanted seat belts in my 50's vintage truck, or there would be dead on MY side.

I had lots of bones broken. Mom had more. I had about half my blood replaced, Mom had more than all her blood replaced, if you include all the surgeries. (I had about 8, she had around 14.)

Neither of us was supposed to survive. We did.

Neither of us was supposed to walk again. We did.

Happy Anniversary.

Life goes on...

1 comment:

LostInColor said...

Amazing story. These are the best. Glad both you and your mom proved those dr's wrong!