Thursday, August 22, 2019

The good, the bad, and the pizza face.

Called in a prescription.  Hmm.  Didn't go through.

Oops, it's expired.  Call the Doctor...  So, I did, and was told that I hadn't seen them in about 2 years,  (which they said, do not call us, we will make an appointment for you, but never did... Sigh) , so I could now have an appointment...

In January.  Yay.  So, making the best of the situation, Husband and I talked about if this stuff was doing me any good.  Yes, yes it is.  HOWEVER, we looked up the side effects.  I had been concerned about some strange things happening to me, and just chalked it up to getting older. 

But all of them, except one, (I won't bore you with graphic details, except that I had asked about sour gut, and no one put two and two together, including me...), were side effects of this drug.  And it had been getting more pronounced.  So, I have decided to quit taking it.  Which brings its own bit of challenge.  No more sour guts, but, I will have to work very hard to keep my face presentable. 

So, I have, MOSTLY for the presentable face part, and maybe a bit for losing weight, started making changes in my diet.  I found out some triggers, (only two things I enjoy, a LOT), Coke and chocolate.  I have managed to stay away from both, for about a week at this point.  That actually is saying something, because I am more than likely to have either one, nearly every day...  So, that's a start. 

And my "vampire strength" sunscreen.  It does work, just have to remember to put it on, EVERY day.  That, hasn't been as good a follow through.  I am the kind that doesn't wear makeup.  So, I will have to work on putting on the sunscreen after I brush my teeth, or some such, so I can do a bit better about it...

So, I venture out into the world of learning what I can, and can't do to make myself presentable.  Who knows, it might even work! 

2 comments:

messymimi said...

If you are not against trying an odd remedy that worked for a friend's kids and my Bigger Girl, you might try dry Vitamin E.

Please note that if you have a heart condition, you have to check with a doctor first.

Get some dry Vitamin E, not mixed tocopherols, in a pill form that you can split. Buy the 100 IU dose and cut them, and the first week take a half every day. The next week, take a half morning and evening.

Keep adding by 50 IU a day every week until you are up to 400 IU per day.

The friend who told me about this said that our endocrine systems need a lot of dry Vitamin E, and if we don't get enough in our diet, pulls it out of the skin which is what causes acne.

Whether that's true or not, i've seen it work, and as long as you have no heart problems, it can't hurt to try.

Cat said...

I have never heard of DRY vitamin E. I will have to see if I can find out more about it. And yes, as far as I know, no ticker problems... Thankfully.

Cat