Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Flowery thoughts

 (Apologies to messimimi on my last blog.  I wasn't being derogatory, I said bird brain, because I was thinking of birds, not because I was one! Sorry for the confusion!)

I have been working on the garden a bit, mostly weeding.  I had a burrowing rodent of some kind that kept undermining my rose bush. I finally put stakes around the poor thing, to keep it upright! But the majority of the plants survived the winter, and rodents. Now I am trying to decide if I am going to put a ground cover like bark on, or plant ground cover like Snow in Summer.


Have my window boxes done up. I realized after I took the photo, my poinsettia that is blooming, photobombed the picture from the kitchen!  :)


Husband and I went out on our place and picked flowers for Mom for Mother's Day.  I thought they came out rather well...


I am down to 3 raised bed to finish weeding ( on the first picture you can see an unfinished one behind the flower bed).  We didn't cover the beds last year, and that was a big mistake on my part!  But, I am getting it finished... And adding some other mini beds that will have a blog later. 

I need to get on the stick and get things in the ground, though.  I have several things in the greenhouse that would very much like to be in the soil! Not to mention seeds that want to get growing...

3 comments:

messymimi said...

Ah, 'tis the season for growing things.

You had birds on your brain, eh? That makes sense.

Concept Capital Group said...

Thanks for sharing these photos! Love those flowers!

Rachael Thomas Dublin said...

Love it! Happy gardening!