Sunday, January 02, 2022

And a Two.

 


This is the view I had heading home from helping Mom and Dad for the afternoon. I moved some stuff, put things away, and we put together an outline for shopping and meals. A very slight outline, but an outline, nonetheless.  

The sun was not quite ready to set, and it was a pretty clear day, so it just made the snow sparkle.  (It also made the nighttime temps about 21 degrees, so there's that...)

It is warmer today, and the weather guessers say we will have possibly 3 inches of rain.  That will probably get rid of all the snow.  Bummer.  But I have to look at it, things change, whether I like it or not, so enjoy it while it is...

I did some Christmas knitting.  My Dad is a fan of Harry Potter.  He identifies with the character Hagrid.  Also the nickname I call him occasionally. With all and everything going on, I hadn't had time to ask about what he'd like for Christmas. I had made Mom some gnomes, and had been playing with a pattern in my head to make said character.  Would he like one, since I had made Mom gnomes? Hey, that would be neat, was the response. And, off I went.  The pattern is from Ravelry, "Scandi Gnomes", can't think of the author at the moment, but it's a lovely, easy to follow pattern that knits up quickly for me. 

Hagrid didn't take much longer, even with the changes. I added a face, some arms, a belt, umbrella, scarf, and hair...

Lots and lots and lots and LOTS of hair!! This was most definitely a labor of love, because I don't like putting the hair on! 

It did lead to a funny from Husband, though. I finished, and said something to the effect of, "my word, this guy is hairy!"

Husband looks up, and dryly responds, "No honey, that's the one with the glasses..."

Ta-dum BING!


So, when I remember to take a picture of Mom's gnomes, those will be up, too.


And this was this mornings project.  I was walking around, and thought my sock felt odd. I had put a hole right through! This is one of my favorite "onesie" socks, I decided to darn it right then, rather than put it in the repair pile.  The darning came out well, but it looks now like I painted my toenail red! But, it will last a bit longer. And it got more character now.

Like it needed it... :)

8 comments:

messymimi said...

Your DH might have a future in comedy, he's certainly quick.

Your Hagrid is excellent!

Everyone talks about weather, but no one does anything about it, so we just have to enjoy what we have while we have it, don't we.

That sock does have character, i like it.

Retired Knitter said...

Loved seeing your knit projects. Both of them. I got into a blanket kick in 2021 - and I am in the middle of 2 of them at present. But once they are done - I will resist to temptation to start another.

npmckay said...

Love Hagrid! Hope you're Christmas and New Years went well. Barely slept last night from the rain and Rose having a reaction to her booster.

Cat said...

Messimimi:
Yes, he has a very quick, and quite often dry sense of humor. There has been more than once that he's commented, and MUCH later, I clicked on the joke!
And, thank you, I think it came out well...
Weather is nice, as long as I don't have to chase cows, or other escapees, in bad weather...
I have taken to making sock onesies, and wearing them out, the few times I have shopped for shoes made for some comments!!!
Cat

Cat said...

Retired Knitter:
Yes, I have been catching up on blogs, and have seen your work. I went through a baby blanket jag, that is now in the rear view mirror!

I am working right now on deciding on Wisps, I have several that will be thrown summarily into the frog pond, but I have several I do want to finish. Maybe this month will be separating frogs from diamonds in the rough! ;)
Cat

Cat said...

WIP s, not wisps, stupid autocorrect...
Cat

Cat said...

Thank you! And I'm sorry to hear about Rose. The biggest problems we had were pain at the injection site, and terminal sleepiness, so I think we were lucky.
Cat

Cat said...

I am sorry to hear about Rose. Ours was just site pain, and sleeping all the next day. Things we're quiet for both holidays, but not bad. And Thank you!