Tuesday, February 01, 2022

16. Red!

Husband and I were chatting, and I mentioned I wanted to stop at a store to see if they had samples of flooring. (We are planning to floor our front room in the sometime future...)  He looked curious, and asked what I was thinking of. We found that as well as giving us different ideas on color, and style, they make great coasters! 

I said I would like to see if they have any red samples.  He looked at me, and I was quick to add, I want it for a coaster in my craft room.  Relieved, he said he didn't think they had it in red.  Bummer, said I, and we went on to different subjects. 

A day or so later, he walks in the house with an egg carton. On top of it, was a red square, like I had been thinking about.  He had used one of the squares neither of us liked, (They come in color groupings), and had painted it with a heavy duty paint.  I now have a nice coaster for the craft room tea! (When I'm not hiding it from Ding!)


So, now my tea won't make rings on the desk.

And, remember the Socks that I was knitting with 2 needles?  That I thought would take no time at all??

Ahem.

They don't, when you don't misplace the pattern, and forget where you put the project.  I need to photocopy the pattern and put it with the project, I guess.  But found both, and they are all finished.  My brand new Gryffindor socks. (The colors came out WAAAAY bright in the photo, think military or Canada Mounties, not day-glo explosion!)


And in other news, more of the hens are laying, so I guess they just decided to start early! One day we even had 4 eggs.  So, time for me to start looking at egg recipes again!

:)

4 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I love flooring samples!
Great socks!
Great eggs!

Cat said...

Good for many things besides flooring!
Thank you!
Yep!
Cat

messymimi said...

Your hens are overachievers.

Love the socks.

Nice coaster, and maybe if you give Ding her own cup of tea, she'll leave yours alone.

Cat said...

I am beginning to think so!
Thank you!!
Actually, we are occasionally having tea time together, I get her a plate with a teaspoon or two of tea on it. I think she might be smelling the dried tea on it, and trying to figure out where it is... ?
Cat