Sunday, June 25, 2023

4. Mushroom cap and old maps.

 I have been working on a different craft for a bit. I was... Tired? Bored?  I don't know, but I didn't feel like making socks. I decided to try making a few crochet items. The first is a cat bed for Ding. I believe she approves! Husband said it looked like a mushroom cap. It's some oddball yarn that is almost furry looking, and husband said I picked it to hide her shedding! 



Speaking of Husband, he had been cleaning out an old trailer, and found this book.  It reeked, so he stuck it in some cedar shavings for a while to let it get more acceptable.

It is an OLD one!  I think it's a child's study book. Someone has lovely writing on the flyleaf, but no other writing, which surprised me.

This is the page for North America.  It is so cool to see the various differences from what is now, and what was then. 

We haven't decided what we're going to do with it yet.  Husband is thinking a good framing with protective stuff, and have them as wall art.  But, no decision yet.  

Trying to not worry too much about my surgery.  I have been "hiding" from everyone, so I won't manage to get sick beforehand.  I missed a fiber fair, and a group meet of a club we are part of, and will probably miss a memorial for a family member.  

I have sort of mixed feelings, it might have been nice to go to, but... I really want to be in good shape, and I can't do lots of walking, so Husband keeps reminding me, there's next year! Yes... Next year. 

Grumble... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

I don't blame you for grumbling, but it's still wise to stay safe rather than sorry. You're in my prayers.