Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Roses and blanket.

 Grandpa told me that roses need to be pruned on Washington's birthday. So headed out and trimmed the two I have. Elizabeth was easy, I just got rid of a crossed branch, and a couple snaggy spot, ta da! 

Then I went to take care of Barbie. Barbie is in my raised bed, and is... 6? 7? feet above that. Without support! So I cleaned out what I could, pulled a couple weeds, and pruned. Found out my one set of clippers are just shy of useless. I have a good pair, but can't find them at the moment, so I used the big loppers for most of it.  It worked, after a fashion. I had to get creative with the top, so I didn't get an avalanche of falling thorns in the face, but managed to come out unharmed. Barbie is fairly well trimmed now.  

The garden is LONG overdue for cleaning, and I hope to get a bit done later in the week, as it's supposed to be near 60 for a few days. With any luck I might be able to clear a bed and plant some cole crops... 

I also started some Christmas knitting. Early, yes, but I have the pattern, the time, and the yarn, so I figured I'd better get on it. I am not as "fluent" in crochet as knitting, so I take a bit longer. I had 2 rows finished, and decided to start over, because my starting row was so tight that it curled! Somehow, I don't think a spiral blanket will work very well...

1 comment:

messymimi said...

I'm glad you got the roses pruned. Good work on starting early for Christmas, you won't regret it.