Sunday, March 24, 2024

Forward, giggle!!

 Got up and I was super sore. Randomly happens... 

But I decided to take a couple Aleve, and see if I could knock the ow down a bit. I didn't exercise when I got up, because of it. So, looking outside, it was gloomy, but not raining, after breakfast. 

Finished a couple things, and decided I was going to exercise by walking outside. I put on my danger orange vest I wear when walking, let Husband know I was headed out, and put music on my phone to try and get motivated. 

The stuff I normally listen to wasn't doing it. (Note: can't remember if I have said, but I have decided to run a 5K. Not soon, I am still in the wobbly 30 seconds and I am panting point, but I *am* able to run, if only for a tiny bit so far. And the ankle didn't mind!!!)

I was still pretty sore, but wanted something more than a casual walk. Hmm. Sooo... Marching? 

I looked up marches and there were several, I chose the first one that came up, military marches.  That was good, I was able to do a decent pace, mostly. I heard several marches representing the various Armed Forces. Soon it drifted to marches that were probably military, but I'm not sure, some seemed more like swing. But it kept my pace up, so fine.

Then... The Colonel Bogey March came on. Oddly, I never knew this was a March.  

I know it as Comet:

Comet - it makes your lips turn green!

Comet - it tastes like Listerine-

Comet - it makes you vomit;

So get some Comet, and vomit, today!

Whereupon I had just enough breath to sing with the music.  I am so frightfully glad none of the neighbors were out to hear me! But it did make walking home a giggle, and I serenaded Husband when I got home. 

He was happy I felt better, but made no comment on vocals or music choice... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! Yep, I don't want the neighbors to hear me sing, either. As I like to say, my husband sings in the choir and I help the choir by not singing.