Saturday, March 23, 2024

Ten, nine, eight....

 Linky bits

1. I saw a video where a gent trained his cat to play a little piano. Bach? I think? But it was neat to watch.  I sort of think the gent might have a little too much time on his hands, but you know, it was worth it. 

Nope, it was Mozart.

2. The neighbor had the cows in the field close to us, and there were several that were trotting around happily.  It is nice to watch.

3. We are getting all sorts of birds, fortunately, none of the "bully" birds yet, so that makes it even better.

4. I have started a shawl for a friend who lives in a desert area, so it gets way hot in the day, and very cold at night, (except in summer, all bets are off, then), and a scarf. I will also be making a shawl for my Mom.  Nice to make things for people that want them. 

5. My lava lamp. I have had several comments, good and... Less so, about it, but I find it relaxing to watch, and except for confusing hummingbirds occasionally, it doesn't bother anyone. 

6. Ding has figured out that grooming my blanket is not a good thing, she will not get to sit on my lap. She's also found that it's very warm and snuggly, so if I get up, I cover her, and she just snuggles down happily.

7. One of my friends had a new cat. I was very surprised, as one of the household is allergic, and the youngest has wanted one for years. Well, the allergic one has decided to take shots, so the youngest can have her kitty. And who has the kitty fallen in love with??? Yeah, the allergic one. But kitty is fond of kid, too, so it works out.

8. Husband and I had several things to do, and made a morning of it, tag team. I went to the store to get items for parents, he went to store for bulbs I need for the lava lamp, etc. It was nice, we were able to get things done relatively quickly, except for someone dallying around the garden center... Cough. 

Had a nice, if messy lunch. It was just a nice day. 

9. Mom and Dad are both going to doctors and medical folk for self care. I am thankful that they are taking care of themselves, and that they can! They both seem to be doing well...

10. I am thankful for Messimimi writing this thankful list on her blog, triggering me to start on my blog. I am enjoying thinking about my blessings. 

Until next week, thank you!


3 comments:

messymimi said...

It's fun to count our many blessings, although I didn't start the Ten Things of Thankful.

I hope the bully birds stay away and your parents keep taking good care of themselves.

Kristi said...

Welcome to the TToT! I enjoyed reading your list, and I can certainly relate to taking my time in the garden section of the store. :-)

clark said...

Welcome to the Ten Things of Thankful (TToT) bloghop.
I enjoyed your post, not only for the grat items but for the style (of your grat list), simple, conversational and easy going.
We have a quite a range of participants and yours is surely a welcome addition to our weekly exercise in gratuitinous reflectioning*

* not a 'real' noun/nounular phrase