Saturday, March 02, 2024

Thankful thingies, ten thereof...

 Ten things of thankful link, or at least as close as I am going to get...

So, I was out shopping, and for some reason I noticed that the clerk was, if not grumpy, just not really looking like he was thrilled with things. So, I just smiled, and commented on a tattoo I liked. He grinned, held up both arms with art, and said "Which one?" I laughed, "all of them, actually, but I was talking about the one on the left." Just that little interaction, and he just seemed to be energized. Actually, so was I. 

I still need to do exercises to limber up my ankle. I have set a skein of yarn right in front of me, and while I am doing those repetitive, oh, so repetitive repeats, I daydream about what it will become. Oddly, a scarf is one idea.  It is based on the color scheme for the scarf of the forth Doctor Who, so I guess it's dragging my mind to scarf. I will have to design something interesting for it, there's not enough for the original one! 

Found my new book for the month, and will probably need to get another. Not because I don't like it... I sat down to read a couple pages to see if I liked it, and proceeded to read a chapter right off! 

It snowed, several times in the last 2 days, and is predicted to do more. (Stupid groundhog!) I want the snow to go away... Down here. I am, however, jubilant that the mountains are white and getting MORE white. Good deep snow there is water for summer. 

I have most of my seeds for this season. As much as it pains me to wait, I am not buying any starts yet. Having done that, and ending up with a leggy jungle in my craft room, I wait. I am thankful that I can learn. (Now for patience, cough...)

I have been given the go ahead by my ankle doctor to start a new exercise for a goal I was going to start working on before COVID. I will say I am thankful for the healing and strength I am getting now, and that I will be able to start working on it. (watch this space!)

I am thankful for little things, too. Hair ties. I really prefer not filtering my face with my hair... 

Basics, food wise. Beans. Rice. Apples. Oatmeal. Nothing fancy, but I enjoy them.

Quiet. Just turning everything off, and listening to what's left. Clock ticking. Wind sometimes. Ding, or Husband, or both, snoring. Rain...

And after watching the news, I am thankful I have a house to live in. And ever hopeful that things will improve for others... 

Thankfully yours,

Cat

No comments: