Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Little @#$& monsters...

 I have all of my plants out in the greenhouse now. Turns out, should have done it sooner. 

I was tidying up in the craft room, and I saw bugs. Lots of bugs. Lots and LOTS of bugs. Turns out, even though I had tried so hard to keep everything dry and clean, the moisture ants... I will refrain from referring to them by the more appropriate name I have for them... Had somehow still managed to get in through some crack or crevice, and set up shop on the window ledge area. I had set out traps, might as well have set out sugar. 

I got out the vacuum, but Husband decided to do the job, because he had a much longer reach. I held the vacuum up so it would reach, but not whack him in the back. Half an hour or so of sucking up random nasty little bugs, Husband got out Lysol and blasted the areas they were at, hopefully it will get rid of the scent trails. 

I am so disgusted with those bugs. I fight them every year, and thought I had it whipped this time, but no. 

I sometimes feel like this house should have been built out of blocks of borax. 

On the bright side, it looks like we got them. But, to paraphrase Arnold, they'll be back. 

But, after this year, I will not be starting any plants in the house...

1 comment:

messymimi said...

There's no way to seal the house well enough against them, ants are everywhere. I hope they are gone for this year.