Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Stuff. And other stuff...

 Cleaned house. I have been doing lots of outside things, and really needed to get the floor cleaned. So vacuum first. 

I have been pinching the tops off the catnip to get it to be full and bushy. I set the bits down for Ding, but she must not have gotten to them. I didn't realize there was still some there, and vacuumed them, which proceeded to blow catnip smells everywhere. 

Ding hates the vacuum, and tries to protect me from it. This time, she was busy trying to figure out why it was making the nice smell! 

I cleaned and mopped the kitchen, then wiped down the stovetop. Then dishes, and the sink. Never did get the dusting done, but I got a good share of the house cleaned and presentable, so I'm fine. 

The ants are still in the craft room, but we're getting them down, slowly. At least we've figured out where they are getting in at. I am going to try and figure out if it something we can seal up...

****

I did a test, I put soup beans under a wet paper towel to see if they would sprout. 10 of 3 different kinds. The large white beans, 100%. The small white beans, 100%. The small red beans... Molded over. So, along with the Orca beans I have, I will be planting white soup beans. Sometime I will get 15 bean soup mix, and see how many of those I can grow!

I find it funny strange, I grow my garden, and offer veggies, beans, even the chicken eggs, and generally have no takers. One of my pen pals said she wished she lived nearby, that would NOT be a problem with her! 

But, I have family, and one or two friends that do want veggies, and if worse goes to very worst, I can always use it for chicken food... Grumble. But I try and dry and freeze as much as I can, can't can because of my stove, so I have winter enjoy of summer doings! 

:)

No comments: