Thursday, June 20, 2024

Easy as riding... Er...

  I have a birthday coming up soonish.  I had been talking to Husband about getting a bike. I thought a trike style would allow me to use it with out worrying so much about balancing. For some reason, I don't quite have the right "feel". 

I had been looking at one, and had asked him about it. Then was busy with other things.

He sent me an email, it was for delivery of a bike! The one I was looking at! As a birthday present...

It took a bit to unpack, and set up. 

And then the (re) learning began. I am SO sure if anyone saw us, it would have been a laugh riot. We have a very slight incline where he was teaching me, and I was clutching the handlebars like I was going to be sucked away by a tornado or some such. It took a lot of him walking beside me, quite literally hanging onto me , so I could get over the sensation of slipping off. Then of course was learning the way to start, and brake, so I didn't throw myself over the front or something. 

Several times of this, and he had me try on our not busy road. I managed, and in fact, was able to get some speed up. 

I have since ridden almost 2 miles, and not too much problem, but I'm still going to take it easy. I want to have fun, and not wake up the next day with my first word being...

Ow...

:/

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Hooray for your husband! He heard what you wanted, got it, and is helping make sure you can use it. That's wonderful.