Thursday, June 27, 2024

Magic? Tech? Tech magic?

 "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke. 

I am wondering about my tablet. I think there must have been something going on, because I had been downloading things, even after the tablet wasn't supported. And I gather the app was well past tense, too. 

But I received The Book Glasses, and Contrarium and read them just fine.  I haven't looked at any books on it of late, I put the new app on the phone, and have been using that. (Reading a cozy mystery, characters are really well fleshed out, but the story is sort of dragging at the moment. That's what comes of getting a book because of the cover. No joke, it has a knitting basket and kittens. How To Knit a Murder, title.) 

I understand some of computer things, but this? It really doesn't make sense. But, Mr. Clarke might have been onto something... 


1 comment:

messymimi said...

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires technology. Or, to quote Douglas Adams, "We are stuck with technology when what we want is stuff that works."