Tuesday, July 09, 2024

4 of crows.

 With the terribly hot weather, I have been putting out extra water for the animals, both mine, and visitors. A deer with 2 fawns, the occasional kitty, and birds. Especially the crows. 


I kept hearing scritching, and cawing, and peeked through the blinds to see what they were up to. The picture only shows 2, but there was 4 in total, they would fly down and drink, then go up in the oak and rest. A couple found some nibbles, and washed them in the bird bath, as well. I suspect cherries, since there were several pits in the water after. 

They worked together, one would stay up high and be on guard, the others would drink or eat, pretty soon, they would change places. But, soon enough, they were all in the tree, just resting, I think. They each flew down, took a final drink, then flew off home. 

*****

Oh, got too late, and so I didn't get a blog up... Also, small boo boo, I wrote that I was reading an autobiography. It is a Biography. 

Oh, well... 

1 comment:

messymimi said...

Brilliant birds, the crows. I'm glad you are putting out extra water for the critters.