Saturday, July 27, 2024

I think I thank...

Linky bits. 

1. There are fires all over Oregon, but I am absolutely thankful that we, at least for now, are safe, and don't have to run. 

2. I am thankful for birds, the ones we have around here seem to be getting rid of the bugs! 

3. I am thankful for working out a general schedule to read. Makes getting books read a lot more doable. Still a king's ransom to get through, but at least mouse nibbles do get them finished. 

Eventually... 

4. I am thankful that we have water. Our pump went out for a couple days. I could have been MUCH worse. 

5. Additionally, I am so very thankful that my husband had the knowledge skills and tools to FIX said pump... It was pretty intense work, but he was able to get it!! 

6. Thankful that one of my friends was able to find a place to live. There was a new job, but housing there is not easy to find.

7. Thankful for gaining strength. I am able to walk easily for a much longer time. I still need to get more arm strength, but right now, I'm happy. 

8. I am completely ecstatic that the temps have gone down to a normal range for here. 95+ and up does NOT work well for me.

9. I am glad that the rearranged area around my pod has shade, and Husband got some insulation that allows me to sit out in said pod for much longer than what I could before. 

10. I'm glad for tea. I just enjoy sitting, sipping, and relaxing. Unless I accidentally put the regular caffeinated ones in, then I am thankful I can turn and burn for awhile!!! 

3 comments:

messymimi said...

I'm thankful you are having cooler temps, too, and hope you continue to get stronger as time goes by.

Kristi said...

I'm glad your husband was able to get the pump working. Having no water is a hassle!

clark said...

very cool, having the skills to fix a well pump! we're on well water here and I wouldn't have the faintest idea beyond checking the circuit breaker. good that you're seeing a moderation of the heat